Wagon Wheel current sensor.
This brand new current sensor for AC, with the look of a covered wagon Wheel, have some unseen specifications.
- Can be designed for currents from 10A to 1000A full scale.
- Gain and phase shift are independed of the measured current.
- Extremely high overloadable, (until 1000000A without damage).
- No voltage drop in the power cable.
- No connection: you can shove the power cable trough the center hole of the sensor.
- No magnetics, so no inductance is added to the power cable.
- Flat, can be as thin as 3mm.
- Cheap in production.
- Complex to design, but this is a onetime process.
- Proprietary software is written to do the design rule check.
Status: A 4-phase 100A demonstration power meter will be available in 2019-Q2